Petro Mold Company
Supplies by FashenHues
S-1 Indian Flesh A-102 Graham Cracker A-143 Taupe
S-5 Blue Violet A-104 Rust H-506 Coconut
S-13 Flesh A-105 Artic White BL-1 Blending Media
S-17 Black Trans A-106 Smoke Gray AS-1 Antiquing Solution
S-28 Black Brown A-109 Black C-1044 White Basecoat
S-40 Sage A-123 Denim Flat Matte
K-411 Gold A-137 Mint Julep Porcelain Spray
A-101 Flesh A-142 Vanilla Hi Gloss Sealer
General Directions: Basecoat entire piece with thinned White Basecoat making sure to reach all crevices and avoiding air bubbles. When dry, apply a second coat at full strength. Put a small amount of Blending Media on palette. Tip a stiff bristle brush into Blue Violet then lightly into media, brush mix on palette then antique small sections. If color appears too dark, immediately wipe back and use clean brush to stretch color a bit further. If too light, add a touch of color to brush. Only work in a 2” square wiping back highlights with soft cloth and Antiquing Solution. Spray with Matte Spray when desired color has been reached then allow to dry thoroughly.
1. Apply Black translucent tipped into Blending Media to cobblestones and sidewalk in small sections wiping back highlights with Antiquing Solution. Use same color for window frames, decorative window detail, roof trim, door windows and bottom row detail of building. Spray to set translucent. Lightly highlight sidewalk with White. Randomly drybrush cobblestones with Graham Cracker, Smoke Gray, Denim and Rust.
2. With Flesh translucent tipped into Blending Media, paint bricks on body of building in small areas wiping back highlights. Spray to set translucent. Lightly drybrush bricks with Flesh acrylic then tip into Vanilla to further highlight.
3. Use Sage tipped into Blending Media for dormer roofs, window trims and trims brick. Two coats maybe needed to reach desired color; as always spray set color between coats and allow to thoroughly dry.
4. Apply Black Brown translucent tipped into Blending Media to shingles, door and wood trims. Wipe back highlights with Antiquing Solution. Spray set translucent and allow to dry. Now apply Indian Flesh tipped into Blending Media to these same areas but only on the highlighted areas. Spray set translucent. When dry, lightly drybrush highlights on wood trim and door with Rust. Tip into Vanilla to very lightly highlight.
5. Lightly drybrush highlights on roof trim with Coconut and Gold. Add details to nail heads, door hardware and front detailed window with Black and Gold. If needed, lightly drybrush window frames with Black, tip into Smoke Gray to very lightly highlight then apply 2 coats of Hi Gloss Sealer*.
6. Evenly drybrush dormer trim, remaining brick trim and sign base with Artic White. Refer to photo for color placements as needed. Detail sign as desired. *If a duller overall surface appearance is desired, mist with a porcelain spray, and then apply hi gloss sealer to window frames and door hardware.
Contact Us Toll Free - US only: 888-811-6653
International or cell phone calls - 814-796-6635
Send email to
questions or comments about this web site.